Medication Delivery System
We strive to make sure that your relationship with Buffalo Pharmacies is efficient and meets your needs. Here are some of the services we will provide your facility with for the length of your agreement with us.
- Hours and Support: Our convenient hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Saturday, 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm. We also provide an on-call pharmacist at all times and have full-time information systems staff to support your needs.
- Orders: Orders may be phoned, faxed or electronically scanned. For resident safety, we prefer that orders be transmitted via electronic scanner. For your convenience, we will provide your facility with an electronic scanner/fax machine for the length of your agreement with us. All you’re responsible for is the cleaning, maintenance and supplies for the machine.
- Medication delivery: We will provide two daily deliveries, Monday through Friday; Saturday deliveries occur after 6:00 pm. Emergency or after hours deliveries may be arranged as needed.
- Medication administration records: Depending on your needs, we will provide your facility with monthly medication records for each resident. We also offer Electronic Medication Administration Records (EMAR’s).
- Packaging: We ensure that all of our packaging meets New York State requirements. To enhance resident safety, we recommend blister card packaging or Short-Cycle Dispensing Envelopes.
- Medication carts: Buffalo Pharmacies may provide your facility with medication carts at no charge for the length of your agreement with us.
- Refills: To save your staff time, we recommend a 28-day cycle fill for all oral solid medications that are dosed as standing orders (qd, bid, etc.). We will deliver the cycle fill medications and place them into unit dose carts. Your facility staff is responsible for reordering other medications such as prn medications, topicals, eye drops, patches, etc.
- Controlled substances: Our pharmacists will dispense prescriptions for controlled substances according to New York State and Federal law. We will work with your staff to develop a system for the timely filling or partial filling of controlled substance prescriptions that meets legal record keeping requirements. In some cases, a limited supply of controlled substances may be stocked at your facility for emergency use if your medical director acquires a DEA certificate at the facility’s address.
- Intravenous medications: Based on your facility’s specific needs, we will provide intravenous medications, infusion supplies and IV pumps. We can also provide pharmacist monitoring services at no additional charge.
- Emergency kits: We will provide you with customized emergency kits based on consultation with your consultant pharmacist, medical director, and director of nursing.
- Emergency power: Buffalo Pharmacies is committed to providing 24 hour service. To ensure that we can meet the needs of our customers we have invested in a back-up generator that can power all of our operations in the event of a power outage.