Buffalo Pharmacies recognizes facility needs for cost containment and financial evaluation. We can help you with this important aspect of your business by providing the following:
- Medication pricing and billing: We offer competitively priced medications, discount incentives for prompt payment, and a special pricing program for some medications. When a resident has private insurance, we will bill covered medications to the insurance carrier at the rate the carrier allows. We will bill co-pays to the facility or the responsible party. We work closely with your staff to ensure billing accuracy, including Medicaid outlier drugs.
- Medication returns: You may return medication for credit and re-issue as allowed by NYS code.
- Medication cost monitoring: To help you best monitor your financial performance, we will provide reports, such as:
- Top 50 medications dispensed including formulary status
- Medication cost per resident per day
- Blind comparison of your facility’s medication costs compared to other facilities
- Cost containment: Since medication cost review may be a critical part of your facility’s admission screening process, we will assist your staff by pricing medications before you make an admission decision. Our pharmacist may recommend lower cost formulary alternatives when available. We can also provide a price list for your admission personnel.