Buffalo Pharmacies is committed to quality assurance and ongoing process improvements, both of which are critical for providing excellent resident care. Working closely with your staff, we will develop a service plan that meets your needs. Regular review of the plan will help to improve service and resident pharmaceutical care. We recommend routine meetings to:
- Ensure compliance with the service plan
- Modify the service plan when necessary
- Monitor and enhance pharmaceutical care
- Monitor the drug delivery system
- Evaluate pharmacist and nurse performance
- Manage the drug formulary
- Monitor financial performance
- Share best practices
In addition, we will provide your facility with customized reports to enhance appropriate and/or cost-effective therapy. Our information systems team will develop these reports to best meet your needs.
In our ongoing commitment to our facilities and residents, we make medication safety a top priority. Buffalo Pharmacies has developed safeguards to minimize the risk of medication errors:
- Drug product code: Each medication label includes the code of the tablet or capsule dispensed, providing the facility nurse an extra check.
- Tall man letters: To help differentiate between similar drug names, we print look-alike drug names in tall man letters, ex. SEROquel, SERZone, SEREntil.
- Liquid/metric, partial tablet dose checking: Our pharmacists examine daily reports of all orders that include a metric dose delivered in liquid form or a partial tablet to ensure that the dose calculation is correct.